Throughout summer, the weather is getting warmer, even in England! Even though this is great, it does mean that your make-up is more likely to slip off your face instead of staying put, so below, are my top tips/products to use to help keep your makeup looking fresh!
- Use a primer. This will give your makeup something to stick to, therefore helping it stay on for longer. There are many different types, but my personal favorite is Benefit POREfessional, as it not only makes your pores less noticeable, but it reduces shine and keeps your makeup on for, in my opinion, much longer. You can also use this primer over your makeup to remove any shine that has come through during the day.
- Use blotting tissues. These will remove the oil from your face without removing any makeup, meaning you will not have to re-apply.
- Use powder. Powder will set your makeup and help it to last longer throughout the day. It will also help to remove the shine from your face and help it stay matte throughout the day. I like Rimmel Stay Matte, as I find that for me, this sets my makeup the best and holds off shine for the longest.
- Use a setting spray. If you have very oily skin, you could use a setting spray. This can be used before you put any makeup on as a primer, and also before you powder to add some more staying power.
- Use waterproof mascara. This will help to prevent smudging, and if you plan on doing any activities that involve water, such as swimming or going to the beach, it will give it a greater chance of staying on. However, it is more difficult to remove afterwards, so be careful not to tug to hard at your eyes when taking it off.
- Use a cream eye shadow base/primer. Like a primer for your face, this will give the eye shadow something to stick too, helping it last longer. They can also help your eye shadow appear more vibrant. I like the Maybelline colour tattoo's as they come in many colours and really help your eye shadows stick.
Hope you found these tips helpful!
- L xx