Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter Review


The trend of deep berry coloured lips has been huge with all things in the fashion and beauty world - from fashion shows to make-up guru's on Youtube. I had always loved the way this trend was so classy but looked so fun and girly at the same time, so I was keen to try it. Unfortunately, I have very pale skin, so many of these dark colours looked strange on me, and made me look paler than I already was, making this trend difficult for me to pull off without being to dramatic. I had been using many lip glosses in some similar shades to see which one was best, when someone gave me the Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie (shade 010).

Not only is the packaging of this product gorgeous - with a sophisticated quilting pattern on two sides of the tube - so is the lip butter itself, which is just a step down from a lipstick, as it is slightly more sheer, but I have found that it can be more opaque if you add more layers. It is a deep slightly blue-toned pink that would look amazing on most skin tones. The finish is not completely matte, as it has a slight sheen to it, but there is not glitter or sparkle, giving it a more mature effect. Having said this I do think it is suitable for all ages as it in not quite as full on as a lip stick, as I said before, making it a more wearable way of using this make-up trend.

I would match this lip colour with a simple brown eye shadow look, a small amount of pink blush, some bronzer, and lots of mascara. If you want to dress this lip up, you could use winged eyeliner, and maybe even use a small amount of the Lip Butter on your cheeks and then blend it out, to give a uniform effect. This product also looks pretty with either a clear, glitter, or similarly coloured gloss over the top. This product is very versatile and I think worth buying - it's £7.99, and even if you have little money to spend on makeup, this is definitely a worthy investment!

Overall, I give the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter 9/10, as the only things that I could find a fault in is the price - I wish it was cheaper! (then I could get more) - and  the colour range, as I wish there was more colours to try. My next purchase will be the colour Wild Watermelon, as I think it will be great for summer!
- L x



These two colours are Strawberry Shortcake and Raspberry Pie ( the lighter one is strawberry shortcake).

9 comments:

  1. Thank you - and of course we will follow you!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the berry coloured lips trend, I usually go for bold when it comes to lipstick so it was perfect for me! <333 Amazing review my lovelies, really enjoyed it and would definitely buy this! Bravo!

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely review, might have to check these out! I haven't seen them in stores just yet but I'll keep an eye open ^^

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I think they're out in most places so keep looking:)xxx

      Delete
  4. Great review!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try these! I might look into buying one now. Thanks for the great review.

    I've followed you x

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete