Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2013

How to buy clothes on a budget

When you have less money to spend on clothes it can be hard to build up a good wardrobe that you feel comfortable in. So, below are my top tips for building an affordable but amazing wardrobe! 

 - Make sure you have the basics in your wardrobe before you buy any pieces that could be hard to wear. Basics are normally fairly cheap if you get them from somewhere like H&M, and most importantly the go with everything!

- Try and buy things that all go together. For example, you could stick to one colour pallet, like pastels. If everything goes together you will find yourself needing less clothes as you can create so many looks with the ones you have.

- Only invest in a few pieces that you really love and will want to wear lots and feel great in, instead of investing in things you'll regret buying because you only wear it once! Make sure you defiantly want something before you splurge on it - otherwise you'll regret it later.

- Look for cheaper alternatives if you see something you really want before buying it if it's really expensive! For example, if you see a dress in Topshop for £45, check in places like Ark, H&M and Forever 21 before you buy.

- Always look in the sale section! There could be something really pretty in there, it will just take a bit longer to find it.

Those are my top 5 tips for getting a wardrobe full of clothes that you love on a budget!
- L x

10 comments:

  1. Aww thank you so much for your comment on my blog!

    The nail polish review is coming soon and I have JUST painted my nails with the green polish so the full review of one of them is round the corner!

    Well done to you and your friend for setting up a blog...I wish you every bit of success with it!

    Keep posting and networking...you'll do just fine! :)

    Love the tips and tricks....I always look in the sale section...you can find some real bargains there!

    Layla xx

    http://www.laylasmakeup.com

    http://www.layladbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment on ours! Made my day:) Thank you and same to you - yours is doing really well already! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a good post, especially as I am saving at the moment so can't spend a lot on clothes. Thanks for sharing.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found this blog through a comment you left on Tanya Burr's and I'm impressed! I know personally how hard it can be to get your blog out there and get feedback so just thought I'd let you know your methods are working haha don't give up!
    This post was particularly helpful, I'm a huge fan of places like H&M as you mentioned above, I love finding a real gem for a low price!

    I'm new to this blogging business so would really appreciate any feedback on my blog and the few posts that are on there atm!
    Thanks and good luck!
    Abbi x

    tellmethenewblack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll go and check out your blog now - I agree, it's really hard to make your blog well known! xx

      Delete
  4. Very helpful! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
    Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know :)

    Cheers,
    http://kinssy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!:) and yeah, lets follow each other:))X

      Delete
  5. Your post contains the good information about the online clothing.Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete